Seared Scallops with Pickled Peppers and Couscous
#44085 - 12 ea Sea Scallops U10 Dry
#63064 - ½ cup finely chopped Pepperoncini plus 2 tbsp brine
#30173 - ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
#88163 - 4 ea Scallions, sliced thin
#88348 - 1 tsp grated Orange Zest plus 2 tbsp juice
#00000 - Salt and Pepper
#29047 - 1 tablespoon Butter
#62138 - 1 cup Couscous
#88205 - 2 ea Tomatoes, cored and cut in ¼ in pieces
#88599 - ½ cup chopped Parsley
- Combine pepperoncini and brine, 2 tablespoons oil, scallions, orange zest and juice ¼ tsp pepper in bowl, reserve for service.
- Melt butter a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add couscous stirring frequently, until grains are just beginning to brown about 4 minutes.
- Add water, ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ tsp pepper, stir to combine, cover and remove pan from heat. Let stand until tender about 7 minutes.
- Uncover add tomatoes, parsley and ¼ cup oil and fluff with a fork. Reserve for service.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until just smoking.
- Add half of scallops in a single layer and cook without moving them until browned about 1 ½ minutes. Flip scallops and cook without moving them until second side is well browned.
- Serve couscous salad topped with scallops and garnish with pickled peppers.
Recipe sourced from Cook's Country