Stuffed Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the gnocchi, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry the gnocchi for 5-6 minutes, turning over until the gnocchi are brown all over. Remove the gnocchi from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté the seasoned root vegetable blend until slightly browned, and place in bowl with the gnocchi.
- Next, melt the butter in the frying pan over medium heat. Once melted, continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, until it becomes a very light brown and starts to smell nutty.
- Add the fresh sage leaves and pan-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and root vegetables to the pan and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Stir together and cook for a further minute.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and stir together.
- Place in bowl and top with shaved parmesan and black pepper.