Strawberry Cornbread Panzanella
Yield 12 Serving
27940 - ½ Box Cornbread Mix
11183 - 2 oz Brown Sugar
00000 - 24 fl oz Water, cool approx. 72 degrees
30174 - 6 fl oz Olive Oil
88305 - 3# Strawberries, quartered
88115 - 1 # 4 oz Cucumber, seedless, sliced
10777 - 5 oz Glazed Pecans
18040 - 3.5 oz Bacon, cooked and crumbled
25284 - 5 oz Feta Cheese
78458 - 9 fl oz Balsamic Dressing
88383 - 1 oz Mint, chopped
88229 - 1 oz Basil, chiffonade
56127 - 8 fl oz Balsamic Glaze
00000 - Salt and Pepper
- Whisk together cornbread and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add water and mix until combined.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment; pour batter onto pan.
- Bake as directed until surface is firm to touch and color is light brown. Convection: 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes or Standard Oven: 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove parchment from cornbread; cut into 1 inch cubes using a serrated knife and drizzle with oil.
- Gently separate and spread out cubes to cover pan.
- Bake again until golden brown. Convection Oven: 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes or Standard Oven: 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Toss together strawberries, cucumber, pecans, bacon, feta cheese.
- Add cooled cornbread croutons, toss gently.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing and toss to coat.
- Portion (12) 11 oz portions on serving plates.
- Sprinkle each serving with mint, basil and drizzle balsamic glaze.
Recipe sourced from General Mills Foodservice