Asian Style Ahi Poke
#40202 - 5 oz Ahi Tuna, cut into cubes
#92055 - 1/8 cup Soy Sauce
#30023 - ¼ tsp Sesame Oil
#58230 - 1 tsp Fire Roasted Jalapeño Concentrate
#88158 - ½ tsp Ginger Root, grated
#88385 - 1 ea Sweet Onion, julienned
#88234 - 1/8 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
#88095 - 1/8 cup Carrots, julienned
#65061 - Bamboo Rice, cooked and cooled
#58227 - 1 tablespoon Cilantro Lime Flavor Concentrate, divided
#30093 - ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
#56115 - ¼ cup Sherry Vinegar
#56010 - ¼ c Mayonnaise
#68044 - Black Sesame Seeds
#68317 - White Sesame Seeds
#66401 - Pan Spray, as needed
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, fire roasted jalapeño flavor concentrate, grated ginger, sweet onion, half the scallions and whisk in a medium bowl.
- Toss the Ahi tuna with the sauce mixture and add pinch of salt. Make sure it's all coated and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil and sherry vinegar.
- Add to the mushroom vinaigrette the remaining scallions, shiitake mushrooms and carrots. Toss together.
- Fold together in a small bowl, the cooked rice and 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro lime flavor concentrate.
- In another small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and the 1 tsp. of cilantro lime flavor concentrate together and place in a squirt bottle.
- For plate setup, take the cilantro lime rice and mold it in a lightly coated, sprayed measuring cup (1 cup). Flip over on the plate and carefully remove from the measuring cup.
- Take the sherry vinaigrette salad and set on top of the cilantro lime rice by hand. Make sure you let it drain a second to reduce extra oil seeping through the rice.
- Top the rice and mushroom salad with the marinated Ahi tuna.
- Garnish with the cilantro lime mayo drizzled back and forth across. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and set the rice crackers around the plate.
Recipe sourced from Great Menus Start Here