Braised Beef Short Ribs with Mushroom Demi-Glace
- Renzi #21995 2 racks Saval Beef Short Ribs
- Renzi #62138 2 cups Couscous, cooked
- Renzi #57756 1 pt Demi-Glace
- Renzi #00000 2 fl oz Olive Oil
- Renzi #88153 1 ea Onion, medium diced
- Renzi #88524 1# Wild Mushrooms, sliced
- Renzi #88205 2 ea Tomatoes, medium diced
- Renzi #57922 2 fl oz Mustard
- Renzi #88478 1 oz Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Slack out frozen short ribs overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ribs on a sheet tray and bake for about an hour until meat is hot.
- While baking ribs make the couscous and demi-glace according to directions.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat add olive oil and onions. Sweat onions until translucent. Add mushrooms to pan and increase heat to medium high. Season mushrooms and onions with salt and pepper and sauté until slightly browned.
- At this point add tomatoes, mustard and demi-glace to the onion and mushroom mixture. The sauce can now be held hot or cooled for service.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Remove the ribs from oven and grill the whole racks. Be sure to achieve good browning on both sides.
- Slice the meat between the bones.
- To serve, place couscous on a plate and top with two short ribs spoon mushroom demi-glace over the ribs and sprinkle with parsley.